Beltsville Adventist School (BAS) was established in 1957 to provide a Christ-centered education for the children of the newly established Beltsville Seventh-day Adventist Church. It began as a three teacher school supported by one church with approximately 50 students. Now it has grown to over 200 students, a staff of 20 and four local constituent churches.
Beltsville Adventist School, along with the entire Seventh-day Adventist educational system, operates on the belief that education, “… involves more than the pursuit of a certain course of study. It means more than preparing for the life that now is. It has to do with the whole being, and with the whole period of existence possible to man. It is the harmonious development of the physical, the mental, and the spiritual powers. It prepares the student for the joy of service in this world and for the higher joy of wider service in the world to come.” Education, p. 13
Beltsville Adventist School represents a partnership among the home, the school, and church. It is expected that these partners are united in their commitment to the Mission Statement and the program it represents. Beltsville Adventist School’s mission is to provide a Christ-centered education in a safe environment where students develop a relationship with Jesus and achieve academic success.